How to repair a pitch mark
- Correct Method
- Discard the loose piece of turf taken out by the ball
- Insert the pitch mark repairer tool just outside of the back of the pitch mark
- Lever the turf towards the centre of the pitch mark
- Repeat this motion from all sides of the pitch mark
Gently tap the repaired area with your putter. This action stretches undamaged turf over the pitch mark, providing instant recovery
- Incorrect Method
- DO NOT replace the loose piece of turf taken out by the ball. It will die and delay the healing process.
- DO NOT pry up the centre of the depression with the pitch mark repairer as it exposes the soil and will delay the healing process
- DO NOT insert the pitch mark repairer and twist it. This only breaks more turf loose.